LCS Corporate Manslaughter
The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 has been in force for over 12 years and The Health & Safety at work Act since 1972. With increasing fines and publicity orders becoming more common, our course will help you to understand the various Acts, legal requirements and the implications to the organisation and the individual.
The LCS Corporate Manslaughter course has been developed by an award-winning Chartered Health & Safety Professional who is an expert in the law of Health and Safety with over 18 years of experience working with Board level.
A, ‘must do’, for all senior managers and safety practitioners, this 4-hour interactive course, will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and confidence to ensure ongoing legal compliance.
Who is this course for?
LCS Corporate Manslaughter course is suitable for CEOs, Board Directors, Heads of Department, senior managers, managers and employees who need to be aware of the implications of the Acts or safety practitioners who are required to advise senior managers, increasing their knowledge, competence and skills.
What will I learn?
- Duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the wider legal perspective
- Sentencing of individuals and organisations for breaches of Health & Safety law
- Understanding of the Corporate Manslaughter & Corporate Homicide Act 2007
- Gross negligence manslaughter and recent cases
- Corporate Manslaughter – key requirements
- What do the Acts mean to an organisation?
- Links between the Health & Safety at Work Act and Gross Negligence Manslaughter
- Judge & Jury considerations
- Sentencing guidelines
- Your organisation’s culture
- Taking the steps to prevent prosecution